When putting ourselves in charge of a work team, it is very important to know how to keep them motivated and achieve maximum involvement with which to achieve the proposed objectives.
Here are 5 essential leadership skills to help you become a strong leader:
1. Communication: All forms of communication are key when leading. However, a large part of communication involves listening. Therefore, leaders should establish a steady flow of communication between themselves and their staff or team members.
2. Creativity: Leaders must be able to ‘think outside of the box’ and choose to make creative decisions that do not necessarily have a clear answer.
3. Motivation: Leaders must learn what motivators work best for their team members to encourage productivity and passion.
4. Positivity: A positive attitude can go a long way in an office. If your partners feel that they work in a positive environment, they will be more likely to want to be at work.
5. Feedback: Leaders should constantly look for opportunities to deliver useful information to team members about their performance. Partners will also respect a leader who provides feedback in a clear but empathetic way.
Are you a good leader? Which of these skills you implement on your daily basis?